Recently, the children at Story House Maitland had Margo the Dentist come to visit our Preschool children and teach them all about dental hygiene.
Child care providers have an important role in supporting and enforcing what children learn at home and help them to develop good habits and high standards of dental health.
The preschoolers watched and listened to Margot with great curiosity and then engaged in hands on activities where they acted out what they had learned during their discussion.
This was a wonderful opportunity to introduce a practicing dentist to the children who could talk to them about what happens during dental visits and alleve some of the anxiety and fear around dentists that can often occur.
Thank you Margot for your very informative and educational visit – we can’t wait to have you back again!
About Story House Maitland
Story House Early Learning Maitland is located in the Hunter Valley on the former site of St Paul’s church in South Maitland, south of the New England highway, and approximately half way between the High Street and Maitland station on the Main Northern train line.
The service offers:
- Highly qualified and experienced staff
- Freshly cooked, healthy nutritious meals
- Tailored learning and curriculum for each age group
- Large outdoor natural play space (1 acre) with mature trees for shade and a ‘play’ road circuit for tricycles
- Weekly yoga classes
- Weekly active kids session
- Safe, quality, family-centred learning environments
- Before and after school care
- Vacation care
For enrolment enquiries or to book a tour, please contact Jade Stokman at:
Let your child’s learning story begin with us!