We decided to place this role on hold due to Covid, but we are now in a position to hire a new Service Manager. Someone who is motivated and passionate to lead the management of our Keilor Downs service.
We are looking for an adaptive, collaborative Service Manager who has the ability to build relationships with all stakeholders whilst appreciating the uniqueness and individuality of this service.
In this role you will be responsible for delivering a responsive service that is committed to inclusive practices which support families, cultural, socio-economic and individual situations. You will develop and maintain effective collaborative and respectful relationships with children, families, early childhood professionals and regulatory departments, and ensure privacy and confidentiality is maintained. We are looking for someone who is adaptable to change and can think outside the square.
- Manage the centre’s performance by applying strong business and financial disciplines at a service level including resource allocation, budgeting, optimising utilisation, cost management, staff ratio management and wage costs.
- Ensure service meets compliance obligations through developing knowledge and skills in understanding relevant legislation, regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Maintain a safe environment for children, families, employees and visitors and implement strategies to achieve safety outcomes, constantly driving continuous improvement.
- Direct, co-ordinate, coach and support direct reports, ensuring organisational and individual goals are achieved.
- Apply effective communication and leadership strategies to engage employees and enable them to work collaboratively, including partnering with other services in the area to support and inspire a shared sense of purpose to deliver positive outcomes for children and families.
- Support and implement strategies that enhance inclusion regardless of the child and family circumstances.
- Work collaboratively with the Story House Leadership team and other Managers to enable the service to achieve best practice and quality outcomes.
Who we’re looking for:
- Completed Diploma in Early Childhood or higher (recognised by ACECQA as an early childhood qualification).
- A minimum of 3 years as a Service Manager
- Demonstrated experience managing, mentoring and supporting early childhood education and care services/programs to deliver high quality outcomes, and in building a capable and engaged team
- Demonstrated experience driving performance and delivering positive results in early childhood education and care services in a competitive environment.
- Practical understanding of key issues, strategies and best practice in early childhood education, child health, wellbeing and inclusion, early childhood curricula and development frameworks.
- Evidence of sound professional experience that shows initiative and strong sense of personal responsibility for meeting objectives, modelling of professional and ethical behaviour, commitment to personal development; and display of courage in the provision of advice and decision making.